Under the direct supervision of the CEO, Chief Risk Management Officer is responsible for implementing policies and procedures to manage operational risks, liquidity risk, market risk, reputations risks and other risks which can prevent the achievements of the organisation’s goals and objectives with mitigating processes to help minimize or avoid losses and ensure the strangeness of the organization’s risk management system.
- Developing strong risk management framework and formulating strategic action plans to help minimize, manage, and mitigate the inherent risks and monitor the progress of these efforts
- Creating and disseminating risk analysis reports and progress reports to different stakeholders, including employees, Senior Managements, and Board.
- Ensuring that risk management priorities are reflected in the Strategic Business Plans.
- Formulating and implementing risk assurance strategies
- Evaluating possible operational risks that may arise from human error or system failures which might disrupt or affect business processes
- Measuring the organization’s risk appetite and setting the amount of risk that the organization is able and willing to take on.
- Developing budget for risk related projects and supervising the funding
- Conducting risk assurance and due diligence on behalf of the organization in all the business deals
- Has a bachelor's or master's degree, ideally in accounting, business administration or economics from an accredited university in Myanmar or abroad or professional certification and training in banking and risk management, or
- In the case of the existing Chief Risk Management Officer, the person must have hands-on experience in banking operations and , auditing or/and risk management.
- 5 to 7 years working experience in credit or risk management section of a bank or/and financial institutions
- Has experience in developing in credit grading activities, portfolio management or credit review or approval processes or credit and risk management in a bank, financial institution.
- Experience in default and fraud management and assets and liability management experience.
- Analytical skills with working knowledge in the principles of credit risk, market risk, operational risk, liquidity risk and finance
- Understanding of other operational risks including IT Security.
- Ability to clearly articulate and express a bank or financial institution risk appetite.
- Good command of risk management principles, tools, and models
- Excellent written, verbal and communication skills